Are you ready to:
– Find a career with unlimited growth and exceptional stability?
– Work with the latest in new and exciting technology?
– Be part of a rapidly growing company that has solid leadership and a vision for the future?
– Join a team where your quality of life is truly valued?
Carolinas IT (www.CarolinasIT.com) > is the premier provider of computer networking service in the Central NC area. Based in Raleigh and founded in 1996, CIT designs, implements, and supports business computer networking systems
We have an open position for a Technical Support Specialist. The schedule for this position will consist of the option for weekend only (part-time) or 4 ten hour days (full-time) (including the weekend). This is a daytime position which include the specific weekend hours of 7am to 5pm.
****Note**** We also have an opening for an overnight shift*******
This engineer will be someone who can work as part of our support team providing support and project work for our clients. The successful candidate must possess the intelligence, energy, and force necessary to prevail in a rapidly evolving IT field. He/she must be dedicated to excellence, organized, professional, and personable while providing outstanding service to our clients.
Our company was founded in Raleigh in 1996 and has earned an outstanding reputation for quality of work, attention to detail, and friendly, professional service. We have a full time, professional sales team to drive new business, and one of the largest engineering teams in the area. Our Raleigh location is near the NC State Campus on Hillsborough Street, and includes a state of the art network operations center. As a company, we are partners with Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, Symantec, NetApp, ShoreTel, Cisco to name a few. We are also an authorized VAR for Lenovo, HP, IBM, Palo Alto, WatchGuard, and many other products.
We assist our clients with all phases of the technology life-cycle, from projects involving servers, routers, firewalls, and unified communications systems, to a complete Managed Service and Service Desk offering. Our goal is to meet and exceed expectations, providing a smooth computing experience that enables clients to focus on their core business. Our proactive approach to network management reduces downtime and offers our clients peace of mind, knowing that their networks are constantly being monitored.
Min 3+ Yrs experience providing technical support to end users running Microsoft Windows XP/7/8.
Min 2 Yrs experience providing technical support on Microsoft Server 2003/2008
Patch management experience (Desktops/Servers)
Support/troubleshooting of MS Office products.
Direct support experience of MS Outlook in a Microsoft Exchange environment.
Troubleshooting of basic network connectivity.
Strong understanding of basic network architecture to include functionality of switches, routers, firewalls. (Not necessarily the configuration of them, just their function on the network)
Support of printer and peripheral network connectivity.
Support of popular web browsers.
Understanding of basic group policy use
Proactive and enthusiastic attitude
Instinctive troubleshooting skills
Strong communication and customer service skills are essential.
Professional bearing and manner
Ability to self-manage and work alone
– Microsoft Certified IT Professional
– Windows 2003/2008 Server/Active Directory Experience/Group policy
– Microsoft Exchange Admin/Support Experience
– Virtualization experience
The Technical Support specialist is responsible for:
– Monitoring Network Status
– Providing first level remediation to user, network, or server issues
– Escalating issues to the on call Senior Engineer as required
– Assisting with client report generation
– Updating client documentation
– Carrying out network preventive maintenance tasks such as patching and updates
– Off-hour project tasks
For full-time employees (working more than 32 Hours) we offer:
– 24 paid days off per year
– Company profit sharing plan
– Group medical benefits, flexible spending arrangement for medical and childcare
– Disability insurance
– Life insurance
– 401K retirement plan + company contributions
– Technical training library and lab for professional certifications
– Reimbursements for: mileage, testing
– Onsite break room
– Directly across the street from the YMCA for easy workouts before or after work
– Annual events to include family events, cookouts, after work casual events and outings
– Outstanding leaders at every level of the company, with a focus on looking out for you so you provide superior service to our clients
Compensation: Full Time: $29,000-$46,000 / Part Time: $14 – $22 / hour