It’s more than just a job. It’s a career.
Are you ready to:
- Take your career to the next level?
- Work with the latest in new and exciting technology?
- Join the best team of network engineers in the Southeast? (However, big egos and poor attitudes are not tolerated!)
- Be part of a company that has solid leadership and a vision for the future?
- Join a team where your quality of life and time with your family is truly valued?
At Carolinas IT, we work hard to be a dynamic and continuously improving organization founded on integrity and the superior delivery of services. As the premier provider of computer networking service in the region, we’ve seen significant growth in our business because we don’t just invest in our technology. We invest in our people.
Our team of world-class experts lives and breathes our core values. We have a strong drive for performance and strive to exceed the expectations of our clients. We work hard, but we enjoy our success.
“Carolinas IT has created a culture around our core values: Integrity, trust, initiative, leadership, and professionalism. I am amazingly humbled each and every day by the people I work with. Not only are they very intelligent and talented individuals, but they also are just good people. The leadership we have here is like I have never experienced before and I cannot see myself being anywhere else.”
“I have worked for Carolinas IT for over 10 years. As an Account Manager, I have the support I need to bring in new business and grow our existing accounts. From Project Management to Marketing, I have all the tools I need to be successful. It’s very rewarding to work for a company that is committed to providing excellence for our customers. I am proud to be part of such a dedicated and capable team.”
Take a look at our Mission and Vision statements. You may find some things that sound different. We take them seriously. Carolinas IT employees enjoy the following benefits:
- 100% cost coverage for employees for medical, dental and vision, with company contribution to dependent care coverage
- Company contribution to employee health savings account on a bi-weekly basis
- 401k with company matching
- 24 paid days off per year
- Free snacks, soda and custom coffee
- Convenient access to I-40
- Gym membership subsidy (the YMCA is right across the street from our office!)
- Generous mileage, technology and expense reimbursements
- Monthly employee activities
- Bike share program
- Community involvement with organizations such as Toys for Tots, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Wake Interfaith Hospitality Network and more
The Senior Systems Engineer (Sr. SE) is responsible for designing and installing networking technologies for clients, and supporting clients and their networks. The Sr. SE configures the equipment and software to meet client business needs and documents the solution for ongoing support. The Sr. SE can function as part of or lead an implementation team on larger projects, or individually provides the services on support visits or smaller projects. May also provide technical support to the sales staff and assist with the design of LAN/WAN-based solutions. The Senior SE will also be part of the rotating on call escalation support for the team on a periodic basis.
Requirements / Experience
- Min 5 yrs experience with Microsoft Server Solutions
- Windows Server/Active Directory Experience/Group policy
- Microsoft Exchange Admin/Support Experience
- 3yrs+ Server hardware from Cisco, Lenovo, HP and Dell, including the use of the vendor’s deployment and management solutions
- Storage Design and Configuration (NFS, FC, iSCSI, SMB)
- 3yrs+ NetApp or EMC storage experience
- 3yrs+ VMware ESXi management, installation and configuration (VMotion, DRS, HA, P2V)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional | Enterprise Administrator 2008 or MCSE 2012
- 5yrs+ AD Design, DNS, DHCP, GPO, CA
- 3yrs+ Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016 (DAG, Migrations, Deployments and Administration)
- 3yrs+ Terminal/RDS/Citrix XenApp and XenDesk
- 3yrs+ Working with Backup solutions. (Backup Exec, Veeam, Arcserve)
- 3yrs+ Experience working with PowerShell and scripts
- Strong inter-personal communications skills
- Outstanding customer services skills
- Disciplined and systematic problem solving skills
- Good analytical and root cause analysis skills
- Strong technical experience troubleshooting Microsoft and Cisco networking technologies
- Strong understanding of networking concepts such as OSI Model, packet architecture, security, authentication
- Exposure to Server Virtualization and understanding of concepts (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- Professional bearing and manner
- Limited travel required
- Must pass drug test and background screening
Salary Range: $75,000 – $85,000 annual, depends on skills and experience.