It’s more than just a job. It’s a career.
At Carolinas IT, we work hard to remain the premier provider of computer networking service in the region. In the past 20 years, we’ve seen significant growth in our business because we don’t just invest in our technology. We invest in our people.
Our team of world-class experts lives and breathes our core values. We have a strong drive for performance and strive to exceed the expectations of our clients. We work hard, but we enjoy our success.
“Carolinas IT has created a culture around our core values: Integrity, trust, initiative, leadership, and professionalism. I am amazingly humbled each and every day by the people I work with. Not only are they very intelligent and talented individuals, but they also are just good people. The leadership we have here is like I have never experienced before and I cannot see myself being anywhere else.”
“I have worked for Carolinas IT for over 10 years. As an Account Manager, I have the support I need to bring in new business and grow our existing accounts. From Project Management to Marketing, I have all the tools I need to be successful. It’s very rewarding to work for a company that is committed to providing excellence for our customers. I am proud to be part of such a dedicated and capable team.”
Take a look at our Mission and Vision statements. You may find some things that sound different. We take them seriously. Carolinas IT employees enjoy the following benefits:
- 100% cost coverage for employees for medical, dental and vision, with company contribution to dependent care coverage
- Company contribution to employee health savings account on a bi-weekly basis
- 401k with company matching
- 24 paid days off per year
- Free snacks, soda and custom coffee
- Convenient access to I-40
- Gym membership subsidy (the YMCA is right across the street from our office!)
- Generous mileage, technology and expense reimbursements
- Monthly employee activities
- Bike share program
- Community involvement with organizations such as Toys for Tots, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Wake Interfaith Hospitality Network and more
We assist our clients with all phases of the technology lifecycle, from projects involving servers, routers, firewalls, and unified communications systems, to a complete Managed Service and Service Desk offering. Our goal is to meet and exceed expectations, providing a smooth computing experience that enables clients to focus on their core business. Our proactive approach to network management reduces downtime and offers our clients peace of mind, knowing that their networks are constantly being monitored.
- Min 3+ Yrs experience providing technical support to end users running Microsoft XP/Windows 7.
- Min 2 Yrs experience providing technical support on Microsoft Server 2003/2008.
- Patch management experience (Desktops/Servers).
- Support/troubleshooting of MS Office products.
- Direct support experience of MS Outlook in a Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Troubleshooting of basic network connectivity.
- Strong understanding of basic network architecture to include functionality of switches, routers, firewalls. (Not necessarily the configuration of them, just their function on the network)
- Support of printer and peripheral network connectivity.
- Support of popular web browsers.
- Understanding of basic group policy use.
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Self-Motivated to grow professionally.
- Instinctive troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and customer service skills are essential.
- Professional bearing and manner.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional/MCSE and/or CCNA certifications
- Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server/Active Directory Experience/Group policy
- Microsoft Exchange Admin/Support Experience
- Virtualization experience
The Technical Support specialist is responsible for:
- Monitoring Network Status.
- Providing first level remediation to network/server issues.
- Escalating issues to the on-call Senior Engineer as required.
- Assisting with client report generation.
- Updating client documentation.
- Carrying out network preventive maintenance tasks such as patching and updates.
support meets and exceeds our customer’s expectations in each day and every interaction making us a valued extension of their staff.
This role is required to help establish and maintain best practices and ensure all best practices adhere to company standards. This role is also responsible for attaining maximum utilization of technical resources through situational
awareness and service requests.
- Ensure Team members are familiar with and adhere to our Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Ensure Team members are familiar with and adhering to our clients’ Standard Operating Procedures and updating whenever necessary
- Establish positive accountability and a clear sense of direction for all team members.
- Coordinate after-hours accountability of 24/7 staff
- Establish a baseline of positive and effective communication with your team, direct leadership and office staff
- Ensure team members are adhering to established practices: Including but not limited to daily time entry, dress standards, ticket escalations, phone skills, client communications and a clean work environment.
- Situational awareness of service activities of all team members
- Accountability of personal and team time entry and expenses through ConnectWise
- Attention to the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications to ensure accurate reporting of customer devices and responsiveness of the team through service tickets
- Management of the team member daily activities
- Manage dispatch process of service requests to ensure full utilization of technical resources
- Improve, maintain and develop internal technical resources to increase productivity of the team
- Communicate with all parties in a constructive manner to guarantee customer expectations are met and exceeded
- Maintain awareness of all outstanding customer pre and post delivery issues and provide status to clients as necessary
- Interface with appropriate technical personnel for customer problems that cannot be resolved effectively
- Understand overall service desk objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member
- Manage the development of the team by ensuring that daily tasks and activities are in line with team members’ career objectives
- Contribute to the continuity of computer services by providing the necessary technical leadership
- Drive problem investigations and resolutions as required, conduct root cause analysis with Director of Managed services
- Identify areas for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and depend customer relationships
- Escalate any service desk issues to the Director of Managed Services as required
- Ensure consistency of existing systems through creating, maintaining and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions
- Communicate escalated issues to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Facilitate CCIR communications internally with Director of Managed services, account reps and President
- Manage phone queuing system with team member accountability as it relates to availability
- Review daily service reports for situational awareness
- Business Awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy, workflows and goals.
- Conduct performance evaluations and mentor those with less experience
- Develop training programs to develop and refine the skills of the service desk team
- Facilitate regular service desk team meetings and service board reviews
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Coordination of all IT support groups to ensure maximum utilization of billable resources
- Monitor resource schedules to ensure prompt time entry on service requests.
- Ensure all daily time entries are completed no later 1700 and weekly time sheets are completed no later than 0800 on Saturdays.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident
progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Improve customer service, perception and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service request that cannot be scheduled within agreed service levels
- Report the utilization of IT Support resources and successful completion of service requests to the Director of Managed Services
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
Training and Qualifications