It’s more than just a job. It’s a career.
Are you ready to?
- Work with the newest and exciting technology
- Join a company that has solid leadership and a vision for the future
- Be part of a team where your quality of life and job satisfaction is truly valued
We work hard to be a dynamic and continuously improving organization founded on integrity and the superior delivery of services. As the premier provider of computer networking service in the region, we’ve seen significant growth in our business because we don’t just invest in our technology. We invest in our people.
Our team of world-class experts lives and breathes our core values. We have a strong drive for performance and strive to exceed the expectations of our clients. We work hard, but we enjoy our success.
“Carolinas IT has created a culture around our core values: Integrity, trust, initiative, leadership, and professionalism. I am amazingly humbled each and every day by the people I work with. Not only are they very intelligent and talented individuals, but they also are just good people. The leadership we have here is like I have never experienced before and I cannot see myself being anywhere else.”
“Every day I walk into Carolinas IT and I feel completely blessed to be an employee here. The owner makes a point to get to know his employees, and it’s apparent that he has encouraged the same behavior all throughout the company. Everyone cares about your well-being, your family, and making work here a very enjoyable experience. They truly care about their employees here, and there is not a day that I wake up and not want to come into work at Carolinas IT.”
“I have worked for Carolinas IT for over 10 years. As an Account Manager, I have the support I need to bring in new business and grow our existing accounts. From Project Management to Marketing, I have all the tools I need to be successful. It’s very rewarding to work for a company that is committed to providing excellence for our customers. I am proud to be part of such a dedicated and capable team.”
“Carolinas IT fosters a culture that makes you feel proud to be a part of their family. With amazing perks such as a corporate retreat Lake House, business-casual dress policy, unlimited vacation/flex time off policy, and more, Carolinas IT is an amazing place to work. As an employee, I feel welcomed, challenged, and respected. In summary, Carolinas IT is the first company I’ve have the privilege to work for that I look forward to ‘going in’ every morning.”
Take a look at our Mission and Vision statements. You may find some things that sound different. We take them seriously. Carolinas IT employees enjoy the following benefits:
- 100% cost coverage for employees for medical, dental and vision, with company contribution to dependent care coverage
- Company contribution to employee health savings account on a bi-weekly basis
- 401k with company matching
- “Flex Freedom” time policy, no limit on time off
- Casual dress policy 5 days a week
- Free snacks, soda and custom coffee
- Convenient access to I-40
- Gym membership subsidy (the YMCA is right across the street from our office!)
- Generous mileage, technology and expense reimbursements
- Monthly employee activities
- Bike share program
- Community involvement with organizations such as Toys for Tots, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Wake Interfaith Hospitality Network and more
We have an open position for a Project Manager (PM) to join our team. The PM will work out of our Raleigh, NC office. The PM is responsible for ensuring successful conduct, documentation and implementation of technical projects. The PM will work with Account Executives, Engineers, and clients to ensure project completion as defined in Statement of Work.
- Serve as Project Manager/Coordinator for all projects as assigned.
- Learn and effectively use project related software- i.e. CRM
- Keep clients and account executives informed on project status based on schedule developed during the kickoff
- Coordinate all project related meetings/activities.
- Escalate issues as appropriate
- Initiate/address change orders as/if needed
- Provide input to Solutions Architect to incorporate lessons learned from projects into new proposals.
- Ensure project management process is followed completely.
- Coordinate most effective use of company personnel and resources.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members as/if needed
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Obtain required signatures for project completion documentation.
Training and Qualifications Requirements
- 5+ years technology related industry experience
- PMP or Project Management Experience
- Ability to manage high pressure customer situations and build trust with the customers.
- Ability to communicate with all departments of the business – i.e. Sales, Internal Help Desk and Engineering pool, Accounting, Purchasing, etc.
- Self-motivated, “Find a way to get it done” attitude
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to details
This is a Full time employee position, we offer:
- Company profit sharing plan (eligible after first year)
- Casual Friday policy
- Company bicycles for use during the day for quick trips/lunch in the area
- Flex freedom plan with no limit on time off
- Access to company lakeside vacation retreat
- Group medical coverage, flexible spending arrangement for medical and childcare, health savings account
- Life insurance
- 401K retirement plan (eligible at first entry period after 90 days)
- Reimbursements for: laptop, cell phone, mileage, testing
- Directly across the street from the YMCA for easy workouts before or after work
- Subsidy for health club membership
- Free snacks and drinks at the office
- Annual events to include family events, cookouts, after work casual events and outings
Salary Range: $48,000 – $55,000 annual, depends on skills and experience.
**Please only submit your resume if you are currently in the Raleigh area****
We have an open position for a Technical Support Specialist (TSS). The TSS is responsible for providing our clients with basic technical support during regular business hours.
- Monitoring Network Status – Providing first level remediation to user, network, or server issues
- Escalating issues next level support as required
- Assisting with client report generation
- Updating client documentation
- Carrying out network preventive maintenance tasks such as patching and updates
- Remediation of client incidents
- Perform troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose LAN/WAN problems
- Install, upgrade and configure network printing, directory structures, rights, security, software, file services, and backup systems
- Active Directory/Group Policy management and administration
Requirements / Experience
- Min 3+ Yrs experience providing technical support to end users running Microsoft XP/7/8.
- Min 2 Yrs experience providing technical support on Microsoft Server 2003/2008/2012
- Patch management experience (Desktops/Servers)
- Support/troubleshooting of MS Office products.
- Direct support experience of MS Outlook in a Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Troubleshooting of basic network connectivity.
- Strong understanding of basic network architecture to include functionality of switches, routers, firewalls. (Not necessarily the configuration of them, just their function on the network)
- Support of printer and peripheral network connectivity.
- Support of popular web browsers.
- Understanding of basic group policy use
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude Instinctive troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills are essential.
- Professional bearing and manner
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- Must pass drug test and background screening
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional – Windows 2003/2008/2012
- Server/Active Directory Experience/Group policy
- Microsoft Exchange Admin/Support Experience – Virtualization experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 per year